Thursday, February 14, 2013

Finally an Unselfish Act

Today is Valentine's Day 2013.  I am currently not feeling too much love but I wanted to talk about a gesture made by my wife earlier which showed that on rare occasions, she can be unselfish.  After my doctor's appointment this morning, I went by my job to let my manager know about required upcoming days off for follow up appointments.  We left the building and went to a local bakery.  I tried to get my wife to pick out an oversized cupcake for her V-Day gift.  She asked what was I going to get for our girls.  I told her I did not plan on getting them anything until my next payday.  She actually told me she would rather me get something for them than for her.  I could hardly believe it.  She actually thought about someone other than herself for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment