Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Picture is Worth a 1000 words

A very close friend of mine moved away recently due to a job promotion.  I was happy for her advancement but saddened by the fact she had to go out of state to take advantage.  I asked her to send me a picture once she got settled of something unique to her new surroundings.  She sent me a picture of herself smiling.  I look at that picture every night.  The image of her smiling says more than any words know in the English language.  Seeing her smiling in her new environment lets me know she is safe; she is happy and she is going to excel at any task put in front of her.  I wish I could send her a picture which communicated those things to her.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can fake a smile to make it seem that way.  The truth would show on my face.  All is not well in my world but my world is my world.  You live and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment