Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WTF Moment - Overdraft Fees

I was talking with the nephew a couple of weeks ago about his financial situation because it still did not seem to be getting better.  This confused me because he has lived with us for over a year and does not contribute to the household financially.  Add to this the fact he no longer has a car and the plot thickens.  I asked him if we could look at his bank account to try and determine where money could be going.  OMG!  I wanted to beat the hell out of him when we pulled it up.  He had over $400 in overdraft fees in December alone.  WTF?  According to my calculations, an entire 2 week paycheck went strictly to covering overdraft fees to the bank.  I tried to provide him with other ways of checking and maintaining his money. He has got to do better.  He can't afford not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment