Thursday, February 21, 2013

Doctor Visits

I haven't posted anything about Monday's doctor visit so I will include it with today's update.  I had to go have  bone scan done Monday to try and determine what might be causing the pain in my foot.  This entailed going to the facility at 830am.  I got there, registered, was given a "tracer" shot and told to come back in three hours for the actual exam.  When I got back, I spend 1.5 hours with my feet being examined by a machine.  The procedure was not too bad.  There were a couple of times I was concerned (like when the tech taped my ankles together to keep my from moving or when she asked if my right foot was experiencing pain because she didn't see anything on the left scan). Today was the follow up with the actual orthopedic.  He looked at the scans and agreed with the tech.  There was nothing wrong with the bones in my feet.  He current suggestion requires me to wear inserts in my shoes for 3-6 weeks and wearing a splint at night when I sleep.  If that does not help with the problem, then the next option is surgery.  I'm hoping we don't get to the surgery option.

No comments:

Post a Comment