Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I Like that Look on You

I am not a fashion whore.  I don't buy clothes just to look good.  I don't purchase celebrity endorsed items.  Hell, I couldn't even tell you the name brands of designer clothes.  My clothes now fall into 2 categories - stuff I can wear to work and stuff I will only wear in the comfort of my own home.  My wardrobe consists of items which are several years old.  I haven't grown and the shit still fits so I'm good.  I went to my retail pharmacy job the other day wearing my Nike shoes (gift from my former mother-in-law years ago), a pair of black Dickies (work pants) and a striped button down shirt (I think it came from McRaes ages ago).  I was being me so I didn't have the shirt tucked in.  I was speaking to one of the pharmacy techs and she said "I like that look on you."  I said thank you and thought to myself, "really?  you like this old shit?"  Guess that goes to show, clothes don't make the man - the man makes the clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment