Thursday, June 13, 2019

I Wear My Life on My Neck

Right around the time I was asked to move out of the house, my middle daughter gave me a heart shaped charm.  She had started making bracelets and necklaces so she decided to give me one.  Since then, I have requested 2 more from her.  Each of these hearts represents one of my children.  I found an old heart-shaped locket I got from my mother in my storage.  I added it to the collection.  I used a piece of black string and made a simple necklace with all four of those hearts.  My girlfriend purchased a pewter necklace for me about a year and half ago with a pendant that reads "You're All I Need."  I added my wedding ring to this necklace. So I have reminders of 6 important people in my life on me most of the time.  I wear my life on my neck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment