Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Is My Health Really Getting Better

Since taking on the new job back in February and getting new health insurance, I've been trying to do better in regards to my health.  By no means am I anywhere near where my doctors want me but I'm trying.  I've basically eliminated carbonated drinks from my diet (except on the occasional late night drive to mom's when I need something to keep me awake or when I have absolutely no other options).  I've gone back to being more conscious about the carbs in foods and taking my insulin accordingly.  That's where things get shaky for 2 reasons.  First, as I recently posted, being a diabetic is expensive.  Insulin and pump supplies are not cheap - even with insurance.  Sometimes you have to choose between medicine and food to eat.  Secondly, I've been encountering a lot more low sugar episodes.  I guess my body is continuing to adjust to me taking my insulin more regularly.  Unfortunately, this has led to many recent night of me scrambling for glucose tablets or juice.  So, is my health really better?  Guess only time and my doctors will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment