Monday, June 10, 2019

I'm Done with McDonalds

About a month and a half ago, I had a very unsettling encounter at the McDonalds near my retail pharmacy job.  Since then, I've only been to McDonalds once (this was a different location and only because my oldest daughter wanted some fries.)  I had been to this McDonalds hundreds of times in the past due to its closeness to my job.  It's literally within walking distance - maybe 100 yards.  I grew accustomed to their less than excellent service but the ever changing staff let me know that this was not somewhere people came to develop lifetime careers.  On this particular visit, while I was waiting for my food, I observed an employee go outside and smoke.  He re-entered the building and did not wash his hands.  He didn't touch any part of my order but I felt it was important to alert management due to the possibility of cross contamination (don't forget - I work in fast food too.)  I asked to speak to the manager.  I told him he needed to make sure his team was following proper hand washing procedures because the offense could lead to a failed internal audit or worse, a store closure if the health department happened to come by.  The manager asked who the culprit was.  I pointed to the young man I observed go outside.  And this nigga went off.  He called me everything but a child of God.  I tried to explain I wasn't trying to get him in trouble - I was simply offering advice.  He was not trying to hear it.  I got my food and left.  I have not returned since that day.  For the manager on duty to stand there and listen to an employee verbally assault me without addressing the situation was enough to let me know that my business was not appreciated.  I'm done with McDonalds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment