Saturday, June 8, 2019

More Opportunities at Work

I've only been at the new job 3 months but I feel like I've learned a lot.  A couple of days ago my manager pulled me to the side to talk to me.  This is how the conversation went.

Him:  How's your home situation?
Me:  It's good
Him:  Do you think you would be able to travel?
Me:  (deer in headlights for a second). yea.  My kids stay with my ex-wife
Him:  So you could be gone like maybe Monday thru Friday
Me: yes
Him:  How much notice would you need?  A couple of weeks?
Me:  Yea. That would give me time to make arrangements at my other side hustles
Him:  Ok.  Cause we only have so many bodies in the office so I'm seeing who's available

I asked one of the other guys in the office about it.  He said he had not been approached about traveling.  I told him it was probably because he has a wife and daughter that he goes home to every day as opposed to me and my lonely ass.  I'm kinda excited about the potential to travel for my new job.  In the past, I was always worried about my wife and kids but the divorce has somewhat changed that.  This whole divorce thing may be what I needed to move on to the next chapter of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment