Thursday, November 14, 2013

Another Blast from the Recent Past

Yesterday I received a call from a woman asking me to verify employment for Bill Johnson.  I thought about it for a second and then realized who she was referring to.  I never called Bill by his formal name so hearing it caught me off guard.  After giving a rave review and singing his praises, I sent Bill a text message asking him to call me.  Minutes later my phone rang.  I had not talked to Bill in nearly a year.  I joked with him and stated it would have been nice to be forewarned about the call.  He stated he had just interviewed for the job Monday so he was not expecting the company to call so quickly.  We talked and joked about changes in out lives over the last year.  We also promised to keep in touch.  Yet another blast from the past.  This has been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment