Thursday, November 14, 2013

Visits with the Psychologist - Hours 7 & 8

I failed to blog about what happened in therapy last week.  Good news is that it basically led into this week's session.  The last 2 hours with my counselor have been about me and this repressed anger I have.  She said I tend to ignore problems rather than voice my true feelings, especially when it comes to my wife.  She also stated that she felt I was codependent.  I was supposed to look up codependency and report back to her this week.  I looked up the condition and realized it could apply to me in some instances.  I also realized that this doctor is basing her information about what I am telling her.  As I have told many of my family and friends, I will never be an open book and spill everything to a medical professional.  All the craziness in my mind is not appropriate for public knowledge.  I had actually told the doctor I would be unable to continue seeing her due to my current financial situation.  She said she was willing to work with my on the payments.  That's nice - I guess.  I agree with one of my friends said.  The doctor is intrigued by me and how I cope.  She is really trying to break down my walls and get to know the real me.  Lots of luck with that.  I'm 36 years old and the walls I built are hella sturdy.  You can't break them down.  A couple of people have managed to get my assistance in climbing over the wall to get to the real me but that's a whole 'nother story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment