Friday, November 8, 2013

What Brings People Together

I decided to do some yard work on Wednesday because I was slightly bored. (Yes I know there are other things to do besides yard work when you are bored.)  I raked all the leaves in the front yard, bagged them up and trimmed some of the lower branches on an overgrown shrub (I prefer having a clear line of sight to the street at all times.)  I was about to call it a day when I noticed several dead buds on my roses.  I figured what the hey and commenced to removing the dead flowers.  As I was working a lady who was driving, stopped in the middle of the street and asked if I live here.  I gave her a slightly puzzled look because I have lived in the same residence for 5 years.  She wanted to compliment me on the roses.  I asked her to pull into the driveway so she would not block traffic since she wanted to have a conversation.  We talked about everything from her losing her mother at the age of 8, to the fact she had brain damage due to a car accident to her work as a writer and an artist.  One of the biggest takeaways from the conversation was when she said I should consider starting my own business because she could tell I enjoyed being outside and working with the flowers.  I never thought about opening my own landscaping business but anything is possible.  My conversation with her was proof that you never know what will bring seemingly opposite people together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment