Saturday, November 16, 2013

Changing Season Brings Fond Memories

My area of the world experienced some colder than normal temperatures this week. It was so cold that the fall garden I was waiting to harvest as well as some flowers which were holding on for dear life died.  Oh well, thus is the way of nature.  The cold weather also brought back some very pleasant memories.  I was driving home the other night and put my hands up to the vents to try and warm them up.  I started thinking about my routine for visiting someone I loved very much.  When she lived here, I would make it a point to go and see her.  Knowing that she would be nice enough to give me a hug upon my arrival, I made it a point to try and warm up as much as possible.  I would literally drive with one hand and hold the other in front of the vent to gain warmth.  I repeated the process until I arrived at her home.  Those were the kind of hugs which let you know you were truly loved.  The kind of hugs where you never want to let go.  On some lucky nights, I would fall asleep with her in my arms.  Some of the best sleep in my life.  I really miss her. Good thing is that I have many great memories to remind me of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment