Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blast From The Past

I received a somewhat cryptic text message today from an old friend.  I had not been in contact with this person in over 5 years.  Since some people change cell numbers like people change underwear, she was cryptic so not to reveal her identity to a complete stranger.  Lucky for her I never delete my contacts so her name appeared with the message.  We went back and forth via text for a few minutes and then I ended up calling her because I was driving to work.  We quickly caught up on each other's present family situation.  She mentioned that she was still in contact with people from the old job.  She sent me a picture of her daughter who could be her twin.  She also sent me a picture of herself.  She still looks the same after all these years.  It was refreshing to hear her voice...made me really miss the people I used to work with.  We agreed to keep in touch going forward.  Talking to her was truly a blast from the fun part of my past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment