Friday, October 26, 2012

Limited Education

Being the person I am, I often take for granted the limited education of others.  I work in a technology field and expect those who work with me to have more than a basic knowledge of computers, internet, email, etc.  I have to remind myself that the minimum requirements to get hired for a job are a super basic knowledge of computers and internet.  The rest, supposedly, can be taught during training.  The same holds true when dealing with the nephew.  I take for granted he is 22 with the mentality of a 17yr old.  I encouraged him to open a checking account as well as a savings account to help manage his finances.  It now seems that he has questions every week about banking.  I take for granted that with his limited education, dealing with him is like dealing with another child rather than an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment