Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sometimes I Hate Being Me

There are times in life when I really wish I could be someone else.  There are times when I wish I was not the person everyone tries to make me out to be.  I am currently looked upon as a leader and a go to person.  I'm dependable.  I'm consistent. Take for example the fact that our store manager went out of town on vacation this week.  In his absence, the assistant manager, the other 2 shift leaders and myself are in charge.  Last night all four of us were at work.  With the manager being out of town, we shifted our usual Friday night job responsibilities around.  He called me and asked how things were going.  Sales were down and labor cost was high.  Before I could tell him I was not the one running the shift like a typical Friday, he told me to fix the problems.  So at that point in time, the burden fell on me.  I started making adjustments to try and turn things around.  I tried to get the assistance of the other management staff but they were too busy with personal stuff to help.  I got things fixed to the best of my ability.  But those are the types of situations that make me hate being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment