Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Temptation

We are all tempted throughout our lives.  How we react to the temptation helps define us as individuals.  Ever since we started having money problems due to my wife's unemployment, I have been tempted by different offers.  Let's take yesterday for example.  I received 3 offers in the mail even though my mortgage is two months behind and my car note is currently past due.  The first offer was for a credit card with a $1000 limit. I have not used credit cards since I went through debt consolidation years ago.  The second offer was from a local loan company.  The letter said I could get $2000 cash in a matter of minutes.  The third offer was the best of all.  It came from a local car dealership.  I was pre-approved for up to $35000 toward the purchase of a new vehicle.  Not bad for a guy who can't pay his bills on time.  I guess the good news is that I learned long ago how to not fall prey to temptation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment