Thursday, February 6, 2014

How Losing My Job has Changed Me

Let me start this post off by saying, I do still have "A" job.  But, it is important to know that prior to my release in October 2013, I had worked 2 jobs since December 2007.  Now on with the post.  Today was one of those days when I really looked at myself and noticed how much I have changed and fallen off (as the expression goes) since my release.  First of all, when I was working 2 jobs, I used to get up every morning at 4:30am (that is if I got any sleep the night before).  I would dress for work with a button down, tie and slacks.  Brush my teeth, wash up and put on some type of body spray or cologne.  I used to get complimented on how nice I smelled often.  Nowadays, if I don't have to take my child to daycare or school, I usually start get functioning until 8am or later.  My wardrobe?  Windpants and a tshirt.  I couldn't tell you the last time I used body spray or cologne.  I've walked around the house all day snacking.  My old job was on the third floor of the building.  I took the stairs to help keep in shape.  These days?  Exercise does not happen.  I tried to start exercising daily a couple of times but just didn't continue.  Losing my job has impacted me in a couple of negative ways but it has not broken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment