Sunday, February 23, 2014

Looking out for Others

While I was at my new job on Friday, I received a phone call from a company I applied for in January.  The lady asked if I was still interested in working for them in the business office.  I explained to her that I had already taken another job.  I then told her about a former co-worker who was looking for a job.  I said the person had the same qualifications as me and would be a great fit.  I asked if I could have my co-worker call about the position or if she was willing to reach out to my co-worker.  The representative asked for my co-worker's name and number.  She immediately called and told her to apply online so her application could be pulled. I spoke to my co-worker a few minutes later and let her know what was going on.  Needless to say, my co-worker was thrilled at the potential position.  Hopefully I made the right decision trying to look out for others rather than looking into the position myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment