Sunday, February 2, 2014

I'm Gonna Do What I Want to Do

This post is about the latest problem with my wife's insecurity.  Friday, one of my best female friends asked me to go with her to run a few errands.  I told my wife that exact thing, "I am going to run errands with blah."  She just looked at me and continued her conversation on the phone.  I drove to the friend's apartment and we took her car for errands.  I had to go to work so she brought me to my house to grab my work clothes before returning to her apartment to get my vehicle.  While at work that night I received a text from my wife stating to wake her up so we could talk.  When I got home that night I was greeted by my sister in law's dog which I did not know was spending the weekend with us.  Since my aggravation level had just gone up, I opted not to wake my wife.  Saturday morning I received a call from my mother asking what was going on.  Hold up!  Why are you calling my mother about a problem you have with me? Anyway, I assured my mother that I would deal with the situation.  So when my wife returned from taking her sister's dog to the groomer, she walked up to me and stated she was upset about me running errands with my friend but she realized I was going to do what I wanted to do so there was no need in being pissed off.  Ok. Why did it take you so long to come to that conclusion?  If I make it til June, we will be married 10 years.  If you don't know me by now, you may want to start with someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment