Sunday, February 2, 2014

Why I Sometimes Hate Dealing with the Public

Any person who has any job where they have to deal with the public on a daily basis will tell you that there are certain situations with certain people which could potentially bring out the most evil part of you.  Take for example what happened to me last week.  Customer A placed an order and picked it up.  Friend A called back stating the food was not prepared to Customer A's satisfaction.  I offered to replace the meal.  Friend A said no.  I offered to provide a free meal in the future for Customer A - the catch was she had to ask for me specifically.  Friend A said no.  (Ok. Let's pause for a moment.  Why am I talking to Friend A and not Customer A?)  Back to the story.  At this point I asked Friend A how would she like to resolve the issue because I had offered my best options.  Friend A states Customer A will come get the replacement order.  Friend A comes in the restaurant, takes the new order and returns 1/4 of the original order.  WTF?  I thought you didn't like how the first order was prepared.  To make matters worse, Friend A, not Customer A called our corporate complaint number about the food.  So now I have got my manager's boss on his ass and mine about something I had already taken care of.  It's customers like Friend A that make you want to do bodily harm to a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment