Sunday, February 23, 2014

New Job May not be the Right Fit

I've been at my new job for 2 weeks and I am unsure if it is the right fit for me.  During my interviews, I thought I made it clear to the management staff that I was employed elsewhere.  I did tell them I would make the new job my primary job but I thought it was understood I would still be working my other job.  Last Monday I posted the schedule for my old job on the board to let my new manager know the days I would be unavailable.  When I returned on Wednesday, he had responded to the schedule by writing "This will not work.  This is not what we agreed to."  First of all, I would have preferred a phone call rather than a written response that I would see days later.  (I replied back on the paper saying call me asap to discuss.)  Secondly, I have not head from him since that time.  If fact, I have tried to contact him several times over the last 2 days but been unsuccessful. (I have actually only seen him once since I started 2 weeks ago.) I am trying my best to like this new job but I refuse to choose the new job over a company I have been with over 14 years.  Hopefully, I will be able to speak to my new manager and reach a sensible resolution.  If not, it's back to searching for a second job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment