Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Job, Old Health Problems

I was really excited about starting my new job.  This was a chance to make some more money and start getting things back to how they used to be.  Problem with the new job is that I am falling back into some of my old habits which cause problems with my health.  The first thing I noticed is that based on staffing, I have not taken a lunch in 2 weeks.  Things have not been too bad in that aspect due me working in a drug store so I have access to snack food.  Problem is that if I go too long without eating anything, I run the risk of having a low sugar episode.  Nobody wants to see that.  The second concern is my eating.  I have eaten more fast food in the last 2 weeks than I consumed in a month prior to landing this job.  It's all about convenience and timing.  I don't have the luxury of going home in between jobs any more so it seems easier to grab a burger.  But man cannot live off fast food alone.  I need something with vitamins and nutrients.  I am really going to have to look at what I can do to take care of my health before it becomes a major issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment