Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why I Hate Asking for Help from public assistance agencies

Considering the fact that I lost my job last October, I feel fortunate to be in the shape I am in.  With that said, I hate trying to ask for help from agencies who seem to give needy people the runaround and reward those who don't need it.  Example.  I reached out to an organization within my state for assistance with my mortgage payments.  Part of the paperwork requested a paycheck stub.  My mortgage is $770 per month.  My paychecks for last month totaled $900.  So let's do the math.  $900 minus $770 is $130.  How in the world can I pay all my utilities with $130?  So obviously I need help.  After submitting all the required paperwork, I was told the agency is behind and it would be 6-8 weeks before I heard anything.  In 6-8 weeks I could be on the streets.  I'm working and trying to provide for my family but can't get help.  Now let some deadbeat who isn't working and is not looking for a job apply and they get all the help they need.  Sometimes I hate asking for help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment