Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Guilty Conscience - Another Text Conversation

I wasn't too sure how to label this one initially but I think the title will serve it well.  I often joke with my friends about me needing professional help to deal with the shit in my life.  It's days like this that I wish I could afford a therapist.

Her:  I did something today that I would be angry at you for doing.
Her:  I sat in the van today during lunch and talk to Mr. Clark. And I was flirting with him the whole time.
Me:  Ok.
Her:  Did you want to talk about it later?
Me:  No
Her:  I just confessed to talking and flirting with another guy and all you have to say is ok
Me:  Yep. I'm not worried about it. I guess you feel guilty but I could care less

An hour passed by and I received the following text.

Her:  Wake me when you get home.  I want to talk. 

I arrived home and the house was unusually hot.  The dryer was going so I thought maybe that was the culprit.  No.  The oven was still on sitting at a nice warm 400 degrees.  My wife and kids were all asleep.  I went to the bedroom and woke her up.  I asked if she had been cooking.  She said yes.  I informed her she had left the stove on and walked off.  She went back to sleep.  Guess she didn't want to talk after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment