Thursday, March 29, 2012

Upcoming Birthday

I turn 35 on Monday.  That's a decent amount of living under my belt but I still have a long way to go.  Not really sure what my birthday will bring this year.  I decided not to take off time from work because of last year's birthday fiasco.  Still trying to figure out how I ended up working in the garden and babysitting on my birthday but shit happens.  The gifts I received didn't make things much better.  A leaf blower and an edger.  Really? I got yard tools for my birthday.  I realize that it's the thought that counts but those gifts say a lot about what the giver(s) thought about me.  I like Garfield's philosophy on birthdays.  Birthdays are the one day a year that the world revolves around you.  Considering that I am working at both jobs, I'm not foreseeing much happening.  That's cool.  I think I would prefer a non-eventful birthday as opposed to spending another doing things I really don't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment