Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skinny Bitch

I went to see a friend out of town yesterday.  The plan was to have lunch and possibly dinner.  She had warned me that she had been struggling with weight problems and was very skinny.  I had this image in my mind of the last time I saw her and she was healthy.  I wasn't prepared for what I saw yesterday.  She had wasted away down to nothing.  It was to the point you could see her bones in places.  Clothes that she would have filled out a year ago were hanging off of her.  We went to lunch. She had a burger, fries and 2 drinks.  She said that was the first meal she had eaten in a while.  She told me that some days she forced herself to eat to spoons of soup. She weighs herself daily.  We finished lunch and hung out for a while.  I offered to take her to dinner but she was already concerned about the weight she was going to gain from the burger.  I ended up taking her to get some Chinese take-out so she could eat it at her leisure.  We then said our goodbyes and I returned home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment