Thursday, March 8, 2012

Too Dependable

I pride myself on being dependable.  I try to make sure I am there for anyone that needs me as long as I deem the reason legitimate.  There have been many times in the past where I have not spent my free time with my family in order to help a friend but I know the friend will return the favor.  Over the last few months, I have become very close with a female co-worker.  She has been with the company less than a year and was being overcome by all the policy and procedures.  Then she met me.  I provided some much needed comic relief.  I helped her see what had to be done and what could be put off until later.   She now looks to me daily for help with job-related tasks as well as a couple of jokes to make her smile.  She depends on me to help her get through all the BS and survive our dog eat dog world.  But she is not the only one.  There are many people at the job that I must interact with on the daily.  It's like a little pick me up when the world beats you down.  The only problem with it is that I am too dependable.  I have to keep my word and deliver on anything I say I am going to do.  Failure is not an option.  I just wish sometimes I could depend on someone the same way so many people depend on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment