Saturday, September 8, 2012

Can't Afford to be Healthy

Don't let the title throw you off track.  The reason I say I can't afford to be healthy is because currently I am unable to financially manage my disease.  Anyone suffering from a chronic disease will tell you that they get expensive quick.  When you have medicine that you have to take daily and monthly appointments, medical expenses become worse than utility bills.  I am currently in that type of situation.  Somehow I allowed my prescription my some of my diabetic testing supplies expire.  When I called the discount company to refill, I was told they needed to talk to my new doctor.  That was two weeks ago.  So for the past couple of weeks I have been flying by the seat of my pants, praying I don't get sick.  Yes it is possible to buy what I need off the shelf without a prescription but the cost is more than I am willing to pay.  Based on what I need and what I have available, I can't afford to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment