Saturday, September 29, 2012

Living up to Expectations

Next week is National Customer Service Week.  My job, like many others across the country, has a lineup of themed days and activities to make next week a fun time for employees.  With that being said, one of the themes for this year is Throwback Day.  The expectation is to wear clothing from a previous decade.  I am known at my job for wearing silly outfits when given the opportunity.  Everyone has been asking for clues as to what I will be wearing.  I think this year however, I won't live up to the expectations of my subordinates, my peers and my managers.  This year, I won't come to work in some wild outfit that everyone wants to photograph.  This year, I'm going to simply come to work and do my job.  I wonder if coming to work and performing my normal job function will live up to their expectations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment