Thursday, September 27, 2012

Having Sex vs Making Love

I've been thinking about a lot of things in my life lately and this topic jumped out at me yesterday.  A while back a female friend and I had a conversation about the difference between having sex and making love.  We concluded the difference in the two was the amount of intimacy involved.  Sex is simply the physical act. It's just two naked people having some type of intercourse.  No feelings, no emotion, just sex.  Making love on the other hand, involves being in a relationship with a person.  Making love means that you are deeply into a person and their desires.  Making love transcends the physical act and actually does not require intercourse.  You can make love to a person simply through touching and kissing.  With all that in mind, I realized that my wife and I stopped making love a long time ago.  Now it's simply sex.  We're talking basically no foreplay, five minutes of humping and call it a day.  To further solidify this justification is how intercourse is approached.  I have finally gotten her to stop saying things like "Let's fuck" or "I wanna fuck."  At least now she will say "I want sex" or ask "can we have sex?"  Please notice that in none of her statements is any mention of love.  Guess that shows the difference between having sex and making love.

No comments:

Post a Comment