Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Devil at Play or God's Will?

A lot of things have happened in my life during the course of the last week.  Some good, some bad and some I am still working on.  Let's start with last Wednesday.  Due the anticipated increased volume due to Hurricane Isaac my manager asked me to come help at the store last Wednesday.  No complaints from me.  I'm all about getting an additional 8 hours on my paycheck.  That afternoon I received a phone call from the nephew.  He told me he had just been involved in an accident an he needed me to come get him.  Once I confirmed that he was ok I told him to call his Aunt because she was a lot closer to him than I was because I was at work.  He ended up going to the hospital because during the accident the driver side of his car impacted with a concrete wall.  He also was dumb enough to unbuckle his seatbelt to try and protect his girlfriend while the car was spinning out.  So the car is totaled and since he had not paid his insurance at the time, the company dropped him and will not assist with repairs or getting a replacement.  He has seen 2 doctors since then and is on a muscle relaxer and a pain reliever.  Needless to say, my plan to put his ass out at the end of this month has been postponed.  When I thought about the fact that he will still be here, I said to myself, "This aint nothing but the devil fucking with me."  One of my co-workers brought up a good point.  The accident may have been God's way of keeping him with me because I still need to teach him about being a man and a father.  We'll see who is running the show...God or the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment