Friday, October 11, 2013

It's Been One Week

I've been thinking about what happened to me a week ago.  I've been playing "one week" by Bare Naked Ladies in my head all day.  A lot of things have crossed my mind in the past 7 days.  One of the most important thoughts was friends vs associates.  I worked in a call center of over 500 employees.  Granted everybody did not personally know me but considering I had been there half a decade, you would think a significant number of people would.  That being said, I can count on one hand the number of people who reached out to me since I was fired.  Times like this let you know who you can rely on when you are struggling.  Times like this also let you know, as I misquote Eminem, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.  Am I mad?  Not really.  I'm just being me.  During the last 7 days, I have seen a psychologist twice.  The second meeting was a waste of time because I was running late and we did not really break any new ground.  Have my 3rd meeting with her tomorrow.  Not too sure what her goal is because as I told her in the initial meeting, I am confident in my skills. I've put in several applications online over the past few days and gotten a couple of callbacks so at least I know I am marketable.  It's been one week since I was fired.  Honestly, I think it may have been the best thing to happen to me in a long time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment