Sunday, October 6, 2013

Visit With the Psychologist

Anyone that truly knows me will tell you that I have always had a fear of visiting a psychologist/psychiatrist.  Well, it's not really fear.  It's more of a deep concern for being able to not get committed.  I have this belief that if I ever truly sit down and reveal just the smallest amount of what truly goes on in my twisted mind, they will lock my ass up and melt down the key.  My friends will tell you that I am not wrapped too tight.  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but my wit and sarcasm make me dangerous.  Following my release on Thursday, I made an appointment with a psychologist because I felt I needed someone who didn't know me that I could vent to.  As I told the doctor, my family and friends know me as a calm and confident person.  I wasn't too sure what might come out when I released what I was holding in about my termination.  Funny thing is that the doctor said she could see the confidence in me just in our brief conversation.  We talked about everything from my termination to my work ethic to my non-existent relationship with my donor, I mean father.  Not too bad for an hour long conversation.  I have a follow up on Wednesday when we will complete my "assessment" and determine what's best for me going forward.    

No comments:

Post a Comment