Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Visit with the Psychologist - Hour 5

Before I went to seem my psychologist today I went by a friend's apartment to assist with a home repair project.  While I was there I joked about what the upcoming hour with a medical professional would consist of.  Today she actually provided feedback on the personality inventory test I completed during the previous 2 sessions.  Some of my answers caught her attention so we focused on those today.  One of my answers stated I had seen a vision.   I told her about my near death experience when I flipped my car years ago.  Another answer was about being in trouble with the law.  I explained I was referencing my recent run in with the authorities but I have never been arrested.  We talked about my health concerns and I explained my 2 recent surgeries had me concerned because both cases happened with no true rhyme or reason.  It was at this point where we turned that corner and things headed south.  She said the test also revealed that although I am an agreeable person I have some defiant beliefs which are fueled by deep seeded anger.  One of the sources of my anger is my wife.  I didn't go into detail with the doctor because that would have taken several hours.  I explained the woman my wife is now is not the woman I feel in love with.  I've said the same thing to my wife and nothing has changed.  The doctor asked about our sex life.  I responded if the wife asks, she gets some but I am not one to initiate sex.  We talked about my kids and the fact that I would kill a motherfucker over them.  This is when it was time for the session to end.  I set another appointment with her for next week so we can start working on this deep seeded anger issue that I have.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment