Monday, October 7, 2013

Spur of the Moment


I am usually not a big fan of "spur of the moment" events.  I like to plan things out down to the most minor detail and have contingency plans in place, just in case.  Every now and then, however, a spur of the moment opportunity presents itself and you just have to go for it.  This was the case last night.  I was about to leave work when I received a phone call from a friend.  This is how the conversation went:

Her:  What you doing?
Me:  Finishing up at work, bout to take it to the house. What's up?
Her:  You wanna ride to New Orleans?
Me:  When?
Her:  Right now.
Me:  Uhm... why are we going to New Orleans now and when are we coming back?
Her: Just because and we coming right back
Me:  Works for me. Let's go.

Now that's some spur of the moment shit for you.  We met at her apartment a little later and four of us took the 2.5 hour drive to New Orleans.  We walked Bourbon Street but there was not a lot going on.  Most of the establishments were closing.  We ended up going to grab a bite to eat and heading back home.  Total time for adventure 8.5 hours.  Typical workday hours.  You gotta love it. We weren't even missed.  Gives me the idea to plan another quick trip to N.O. if I get my money right and a certain individual is available for the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment