Friday, October 25, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

My friends and I had been having Halloween parties for almost 10 years.  There have been a lot of fun times had over the years.  I love telling people who have not had the chance to hang out with us about all the foolishness that occurs.  With that in mind, I am usually one of the main organizers of the event.  I always do the invitation.  I take pride in coming up with something funny and witty to make the invitation unique for the year and memorable.  This year, however, there is no need for a Halloween invitation.  There will be no Halloween party for us in 2013.  The main reason for the cancellation is because most of our current group are scattered about with various schedules making it impossible to get everyone in the same place at the same time.  Add to that the fact that I was fired 3 weeks ago and really can't afford to spend any money on a party.  Even with these 2 strikes against me, I felt an emptiness about not making up an invitation for this year.  I made one up, just for kicks.  No one will ever see it other than myself but it felt good to let my creativity out.  I guess some old habits die hard and never die at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment