Sunday, October 20, 2013

Reminders All Around

Memories and experience are what make us who we are.  Good ones, bad ones and those we really can't categorize all total together to make us unique individuals.  I have said on more than one occasion, "if i knew then what I know now."  That quote is usually followed by "I would not change a thing."  I had a chance to talk with a friend yesterday.  We used to talk daily for several hours.  Work and life changes have forced us to limit our conversations.  When we talked, we referred back to a funny event from our past.  It was nice to be able to walk down memory lane.  The thing that gets me is that I have so many memories of her, I am constantly reminded of her.  Not that I want to get her out of my mind, I'm just reminded of how important she is to me.  Here are some examples:

1.)  I have to pass by her old apartment complex to visit a mutual friend.  I remember all the time I spent there.
2.)  She was fond of roses.  Every time the roses in my front yard bloom, I think about her.  I sometimes send her a pic.
3.)  Halloween is coming up.  She was always the biggest help when it came to planning and executing our parties.
4.)  I am currently working with a young lady who likes the same perfume as my friend.  Every time she walks by I close my eyes and imagine my friend standing there, smiling.
5.)  Full moon.  It's sometimes called the lovers' moon.  Every time I see it, I think of times we spent just staring at the moon and talking.
6.) Her old possessions.  When my friend moved, she was unable to take everything with her.  Last night I wrapped up in an old blanket of hers.  Made me miss her holding me.
7.)  White tiger.  She bought a picture of a white tiger for my because she was aware of my love for big cats.  It has a prominent spot in my room so I can always look at it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment