Sunday, October 27, 2013

Not Too Sure How I Feel About That

Ever since I was "released" from my full time job 3 weeks ago, I have spent time on the internet trying to find something.  I've posted my information on the basic job search sites (monster, careerbuilder, etc).  I get emails daily about potential jobs but nothing has come through yet.  As part of my release, my company offered assistance through a third party in my quest to find another job.  First of all, it took nearly 3 weeks for the third party to communicate the receipt of my resume.  Bear in mind I emailed the resume the day I was fired.  Add to this the fact that the resume reviewer basically told me the only thing right on my resume was the address.  Everything else was up for change.  Granted I haven't had to look for a job in 6 years so the resume is a little dated.  But if it is truly as terrible as this resume expert would have me believe, then I don't understand why any company would consider me (remember I get emails daily about possible positions).  I'm just not too sure how I feel about getting assistance from this third party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment