Saturday, August 25, 2012

Doctor's Visit

I went to the doctor yesterday for my one month follow up.  Considering that I had not been testing like I was supposed to do to other things going on in my life, I was expecting to get a tongue-lashing.  The visit was quite the opposite.  My A1c was actually in the single digit range. Granted it was 9.6 which is still in the high zone, me being in single digits is quite an achievement.  I found out that I have lost 3 pounds in the course of a month.  Not good.  I can't afford to lost any weight. I'm sure my bad habits of eating junk food all the time and not eating meals throughout the day are to blame for the weight loss.  The doctor told me I need to continue on the path that I am on but turn it up a notch.  I need to test more often to know exactly what my medicine is doing to me.  I need to eat more (which is something you almost never hear in regards to a diabetic) to gain back the weight I lost and then put on some more pounds.  All in all, the visit went better than I anticipated.  My focus now is to improve even more before my next one month follow up visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment