Friday, August 24, 2012

Opening Up

I recently realized that I have changed a lot in the last year or so.  I have started to open up a lot more.  There was a time in the past when my personal life was a mystery to my co-workers.  They knew I was married and had kids but that was it.  These days, I share a lot more information about my home life with my peers.  I am still careful as to who I tell what because some people can't be trusted with certain information.  For example, I work with a young lady who recently started seeing a therapist.  I let her know that my wife sees a therapist in that same building.  Normally, I would not divulge that type of information.  I have started to tell peers about the kids and their happenings at school.  I have even shared with some close people things like the fact that I sleep in a separate room than my wife.  I'm not too sure if it me becoming more comfortable with the people I work with since we have been together so long or if this release of information is therapy because I keep so much bottled up inside.  Whatever the reason, like a flower in the spring, I have opened up for people to see more details about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment