Saturday, August 25, 2012

Off her Meds

My wife decided to text me while I was at work today to let me know that she had a confession to make.  I knew this was not a conversation that I really wanted to deal with while at work but she seems to have a knack for only wanting to have these serious conversations via text or email.  She can't deal with me face to face.  Anyway, I prepared myself for whatever she could through at me, I thought.  I was hoping for her usual "I spent money we don't have on something we don't need."  Instead she decided to tell me that she had not taken her medication for a couple of days and that she had been flushing the pills.  She went on to say that she wanted to be better and off medication.  I thanked her for her honesty and told her she needed to consult with her doctor or his nurse to see how her body would react without those drugs in her system.  She was not fond of that idea.  I left it alone at that point because I saw no need to get upset at work.  Later in the day she spoke with my mother who convinced her to start taking the medication again.  I don't know the conversation consisted of but I am glad the wife is no longer off her meds...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment