Saturday, August 25, 2012

No More Handouts

The nephew tried to call tonight while I was at work.  As usual I ignored his call.  I was sure he was not calling about anything life or death.  Otherwise he would have sent me a text.  A little while later he showed up at the restaurant.  He asked if he could get some free food.  I politely told him know.  This is a part of the lesson I am trying to teach him.  A while back I told him about hookups.  Hookups are nice to have but you can't rely on them all the time.  Granted I had given him free food on occasion in the past but considering he has lived rent and utility free for almost a year he can afford to buy something to eat.   Whether he buys something to eat or not, the fact remains the same, there are no more handouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment