Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jumping to Conclusions

I was taught long ago by a good manager to never jump to conclusions.  The problem with jumping to conclusions is that most people don't take the time to determine where they will land.  People end up hurting themselves and possibly the people around them as well.  Such was the case last night.  Based on information from another source, my manager jumped to a conclusion.  I received a verbal assault and my job was threathened.  After this happened, I explained things from my perspective.  I agreed with my manager that a mistake had occurred but not to the degree at which the other source described.  My manager, being the person they are, looked at me and didn't even apologize.  Pride would not allow it.  I really don't think an apology would have helped at that point.  Last night's situation just let me know that my tenure with this company is probably coming to an end.  I have gotten in more trouble in the past 6 months than I have in a 11 year career with the organization.  I can't continue to deal with people who assume things and in the process make an ass out of themselves and me also.  I need people to stop jumping to conclusions and to look before they leap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment