Thursday, August 9, 2012

Resist the Urge

I had to resist the urge to choke a bitch on Monday.  One of my subordinates at work is an older lady.  She has probably been working longer than I have been alive.  I was giving her a performance review and trying to explain that she was not meeting the company standards.  I went on to explain part of the reason was her continued desire to go above and beyond for the customers.  Now don't get me wrong.  I am all about customer service.  But I am also about policy and procedure.  We work in the tech support department.  It is not in our job description to do anything with a customer's bill.  This woman, however, constantly feels the need to contact the billing department on behalf of the customer to request monetary compensation.  For some reason, she decided to start telling me that her stats were bad because she was always fixing the problems created by other tech support personnel.  It took everything in me to not reach across the table and grab her.  Other tech support personnel are meeting company standards.  Maybe rather than trying to bad-mouth them, she should talk to them and get herself in line with what the company wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment