Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Little Money in, Lotta Money out


Today was one of those days where it seemed no matter how hard I tried, things just were not going to go my way.  My day started off with one of our dogs going to the vet for her yearly shots which were overdue.  This turned into a $216 visit and some bad news.  My dog tested positive for heartworms.  The good news is that she is young and it is possible to treat her.  The downside to this is that it is a 3 month process and costs $700.  The next financial jab that I received was my wife’s contacts finally showing up at the eye doctor.  That was a $267 investment into her vision.  And finally for today, was the knockout punch.  I called a company to come check the central heat and air unit in my house because it was not cooling.  The repairman came out and looked at things.  He basically told me that the entire unit was wasting money and needed to be replaced.  He called a salesman for the company to come out and give me an estimate.  His estimate?  $7000 to $8000 because the inside unit, outside unit and duct work all needed to be replaced.  I tried to apply for financing but was denied.  So now I have to figure out a cost-effective way to keep my family cool for the rest of the summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment