Friday, August 24, 2012

You and I are different

This week my job was celebrating a major milestone.  I was on one of the committees to help things run smoothly.  The actual celebration occurred on my normal day off but I chose to attend any way and help any way possible.  I ended up spending about 6-7 hours total at work on my day off.  Several of my peers who actually were supposed to be at work kept looking at me sideways.  I joked with them about the fact that I was working on my day off when in fact, I was there having fun.  It wasn't too long before one of them commented, "Oh. You just here so you can get a free day off."  I replied, "That's not why I'm here."  In my mind I thought to myself, you and I are different.  What sense does it make to work on a scheduled off day just to get another day off?  Especially since I rarely miss work anyway?  It is times like that when I realize I live by a completely different set of values and standards than many of my co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment