Sunday, August 19, 2012

Harsh Reality

I had to give the nephew a dose of harsh reality yesterday.  He tried calling me several times while I was at work.  First of all, I didn't want to talk to him.  Second of all, if it is that damn important and I am not answering your calls, send me a text message.  I was about to leave for lunch when he called for the third time.  I was waiting on one of my co workers to walk outside so I answered the phone.  He said he realized now that he has too much free time because he is only working one job. He wanted my opinion on whether he should look for a second job.  At this point, my co worker walked outside and got in the truck.  I told the nephew that he should look for a second job.  I told him that I was unable to imagine how he has lived rent and utility free for almost a year and been unable to put away any money.  I reminded him that by the end of September, regardless of whats going on in his life, that I need his ass moved out of my house.  My co worker could only look and shake her head.  She couldn't believe the words that had just come out of my mouth.  She could not believe that I gave the nephew some harsh reality to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment