Monday, August 20, 2012

Take Some Advice

A few months ago I attended a session with my wife and her therapist.  Based on what was said in the meeting, the therapist presented the option of applying for disability to my wife.  This was not to say that she could not work.  It was simply a way of saying she may not be able to handle all the stressful daily functions she was dealing with while coping with her depression.  Last Monday I spoke with her doctor minutes after they finished a session.  He basically told her the same thing. She asked me if I thought we would be able to survive if she applied for disability.  I explained to her that we would have to make the most of it because we could not survive without her contributing financially to the household.  I need her to take some advice and apply for disability.  Our livelihood depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment