Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Karma

I'm a firm believer in karma to the point I feel that if you put out good vibes you will receive good vibes in return.  I start this post off with that statement based on a recent conversation with my current fast food manager.  Prior to my current location, I worked at another restaurant for the same company but had to commute about 50 miles to work.  I was working overnight at my full time job at that time, so I was only able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday closing the restaurant.  I didn't know it while I was employed at the old restaurant but the manager did not trust me.  She felt I was underhanded and stealing because it was not feasible to her that I would drive that much to work less than 20 hours a week.  The gas alone almost took half my paycheck.  What she failed to understand was that I keep commuting because I had worked part time for the company for years.  I wanted to make sure I kept my ties to the company close in case my situation changed and needed to move somewhere else and needed a job.  She shared her concerns with my current manager when I transferred from her store to my current job.  Fast forward to today.  My manager loves me.  He was able to get someone with years of experience on his staff that understands the ins and outs of our business.  He realizes my dedication to the job and understands I will not put my livelihood in jeopardy because I have a family to take care of.  My old manager?  He told me her store is chaotic.  She is unable to find any qualified managers and is constantly having to overwork herself because she is understaffed.  I may not have been the best in her eyes but I was a lot better than what she has dealt with in the years since I transferred.  You gotta love karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment